- 1 Lebanese cucumber, shaved with peeler
- 1 packet Lamb Bacon
- 1 cup (250ml) rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 carrot, shaved with peeler and cut into think strips
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 baguette, cut into 4, or 4 soft long rolls
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat whole-egg mayonnaise
- 4 soft butter lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
- Few sprigs of fresh coriander
Heat rice vinegar and sugar in small pan until sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool
Toss cucumber in a bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt and let mixture sit for on1 hour
Add carrot and cucumber into vinegar mixture and let it chill for 2 hours or overnight.
Combine the honey, garlic, soy sauce and peanut oil together and coat the chicken in the mixture before letting it chill for 2 hours or overnight.
Put heat on medium and cook chicken and lamb bacon on pan or bbq for roughly 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through then slice thickly
Spread rolls with mayonnaise and fill with lettuce, chicken. Lamb bacon, carrot, cucumber and top with coriander and chilli sauce.